Mail received from All India Chess Federation towards the decision taken in the Special General Body and Executive Committee of All India Chess Federation held on 26th March 2023 are taken the following important decisions:-
- Approved the merger request of AICF Calicut to All India Chess Federation.
- Remuneration of coaches are increased.
- Number of days for National Under-7 is fixed as 5 days with 9 rounds; Under-9, Under-11 and Under-13 will be 7 days with 11 rounds. Under-15, Under-17 and Under-19 will be held for 9 days with 11 rounds. National and National Women championships will be an eleven days event with 11 rounds.
- The word ‘senior’ has been removed from the Senior National Championship and Senior National Chess Championship for Women.
- The rating restriction for participation in the National Chess Championship ( erstwhile Senior National Championship & Senior National Championship for Women) has been removed and now any rated player can participate in the championships.
- The AICF registration has been delinked from State and District registration with effect from 01 April 23. The annual registration fee of AICF is fixed as Rs. 300. States and Districts can charge a maximum of Rs. 150 and Rs. 75 respectively as their annual registration.
- All personnel passing the SNA seminar need to apply for the License within 6 months from the date of publication of result on AICF Website. If not applied on time, they need to undergo the seminar and examination again to be eligible.
- To regulate state change, a fee of Rs. 500 will be applicable as well as there will be a cooling off period of one year for representing the new state. However, genuine cases will be considered on merit to waive the cooling off period.
- Fair Play Arbiters will be appointed for Under-15, Under-17, Under-19, National Chess Championship and National Chess Championship for Women apart from all the international norm tournaments.
- Institutional Membership without voting rights will be extended to universities and pan India based institutions on a case-to-case basis as per merit.
- Considering the exchange value of Euro, the non-refundable recognition fee for FIDE Rated events is increased by Rs.2500 (Rs. 7500 to Rs. 10000) for state championships, Rs. 5000 (Rs. 15000 to Rs. 20000) for open events and Rs. 10000 (Rs. 30000 to Rs. 40000) for rating restricted events.
- Rapid/Blitz event must have a minimum of 9 rounds and the financial regulations for Rapid and Blitz will be same as Classical Open event.
For your information.
Thanks and Best Regards