TN State Arbiter Examination at Five Centers on 25th October, 2015
Tamil Nadu State Chess Association is organising TN State Arbiter Examination at five centres – Chennai, Erode, Madurai, Nagapattinam and Tirunelveli at 02.00 PM on. Sunday, 25th October 2015. However, the TNSCA will conduct a doubt clearing session for the benefit of aspiring arbiters from 09.00 AM to 01.00 PM on the day of the examination.
Interested persons, who have completed 17 years of age, may kindly send the attached registration form filled and duly forwarded by their respective district association along with a fee of Rs.500/- (Rs.five hundred only) by Demand Draft favouring Tamil Nadu State Chess Association payable at Chennai. The addresses of the District Chess Associations can be found in www.tamilchess.com
The registration form, together with DD may be sent on or before 22nd October 2015 to Tamil Nadu State Chess Association, 75, Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium, Periamet, Chennai 3. Please be informed that you will attend the examination at your own cost including boarding & lodging.
Course material for the examination may be downloaded from the website www.tamilchess.com and participants are requested to come prepared for the examination.
Venues for the different centres will be announced shortly. IA R. Anantharam, IA R. Srivatsan, IA S Paul Arokiaraj, IA V VIjayaraghavan and IA R Bhuvanaa Sai will be the resource persons for the doubt clearing session.
Question Pattern: 30 multiple choice questions to be answered in 2 hours
TNSCA- Joint Secretaries
|Abdul Nazer||92451 24106|
|Tirunelveli||Dr . Sheik Saleem.S||8870304041|
Chennai : Shri Krishnaswamy Matriculation Higher Secondary School, Ac 48, 6th Main Road, Annanagar, Chennai 600 040.
Erode : Richmond Public School, Perundurai, Erode.
Madurai : Grace Public School, SS Colony, Madurai.
Nagapattinam : ISSAC Newton Engineering College, Pappakoil, Nagapattinam.
Tirunelveli : Pushpalatha Matriculation Higher Secondary School, Sivanthipatti road, Thiyagaraja Nagar, Tirunelveli-627 011
1) In a rating tournament, a player has kept his mobile phone in his shirt pocket, but the battery has been removed and kept separately in the pocket itself. The opponent finds it out and informs the arbiter.
- a) As the batteries are separate, the player has to be warned and arbiter has to get the phone from him.
- b) The player is not supposed to bring the mobile phone inside the hall. So, he loses the game.
- c) If the player has brought mobile phone, it should have been kept in a separate bag and not in his pocket. So, he loses the game.
- d) As the organisers did not make any provisions to deposit the mobile phones with them, the player’s action is correct. [ ]
2) White makes a move and claims a draw for a three fold repetition of a position. There is a three fold repetition on the board. The arbiter
- a) has to check using the score sheet and declare the game as a draw
- b) has to check, making the moves on another board and declare the game as a draw
- c) has to reject the claim and add three minutes to the opponent
- d) has to reject the claim. Penalty is optional. [ ]
3) White plays e4 and releases his hand. Then, he retraces the pawn and plays it to e3. Black touches his d- pawn and then realises that White had made a violation. He summons the arbiter and claims accordingly.
- a) Black’s claim is correct
- b) Black’s claim is not correct.
- c) though Black’s claim is correct, only warning has to be given to White
- d) though Black’s claim is not correct, one minute has to be added to him for White’s violation.
4) A player promotes his pawn to eighth rank and pressed the clock, without exchanging it to a new piece. He had already made an illegal move earlier.
- a) the player loses the game
- b) the game has to continue, but the new piece must be a queen only
- c) the game has to continue, but the new piece must be any piece other than queen
- d) he will lose the game, only if he makes one more illegal move [ ]
5) During a rated game, mobile phones
- a) may be kept in a player’s shirt pocket, with the permission of the arbiter
- b) may be kept in his shirt pocket in switch off mode, without permission of the arbiter
- c) can be kept in a separate bag and kept with him, with the permission of the arbiter
- d) shall not be brought to the tournament hall by the player [ ]