Examination for Level 1 Chess Coaches who can teach the game of chess and coach the beginners how to play the game of chess.
The Executive Committee of the Tamil Nadu State Chess Association has decided to organize a Certificate Course for CHESS coaches. To begin with, it has been decided to conduct an examination for Level 1 Chess Coaches who can teach the game of chess and coach the beginners how to play the game of chess.
The Tamil Nadu State Chess Association will be conducting an Examination for Chess Coaches – Level 1 (Beginners) at VET Institute of Arts & Science, Thindal, Perundurai Road, Erode- 638012 on Sunday, 12th December, 2021.
Prior to the examination, an online doubt clearing session for the candidates will be conducted on 11th December, 2021 between 10.00 AM to 01.00 PM. The details of online doubt clearing session will be sent to the participants later. The examination will be held from 09.30 AM to 05.00 PM on Sunday, 12th December, 2021.
The Examination pattern will be as follows:
- written examination (60%)
- playing session (20%)
- viva voce/seminar (20%).
Please note that those who score 80% and above will be awarded the Level 1 (For Coaching Beginners) Certificate by the Tamil Nadu State Chess Association.
Eligibility of the candidates for the examination:
- Should be born or resident of State of Tamil Nadu.
- Candidates who have completed 18 years of age AS ON 01stDECEMBER, 2021.
- Knowledge of the game of chess who can teach and coach the beginners how to play the game of chess.
- Must be a chess player who knows how to play the game of chess.
- Knowledge in Basic FIDE laws of chess.
- The attitude to teach and coach the game of chess to the aspiring beginners.
- Those who already have the national or international level certification for coaches need not apply.
Among other things, questions will be framed from the following topics:
1.Basic tactics (Pin, Knight Fork, Double Attack, Skewer, Double Check, Discovered Check, Discovered Attack, etc.,)
3.Mate in one
4.Mate in two
5.Mate with the Queen(K & Q vs K to be demonstrated)
6.Mate with the Rook (K & R vs K to be demonstrated)
7.Basic pawn endings
8.General Opening ideas
9.Movement of the pieces (including the castling, en passant, pawn promotion etc.)
10.Basic FIDE laws of chess (touch piece rule, Illegal move, draw positions, etc.)
11.Playing chess game with ability to write score sheet.
12.Other topics related to coaching the beginner.
Course material may be downloaded from tamilchess.com, after 27th November, 2021.
Interested persons, who have completed 18 years of age AS ON 01st DECEMBER, 2021 may kindly send the application form duly filled and recommended by the Secretary of the respective District Chess Association along with a fee of Rs.2000/- to be paid to Tamil Nadu State Chess Association (TNSCA bank account details given below). The duly filled application should reach the TNSCA office (Tamil Nadu State Chess Association, Room No.75, Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium, Periamet, Chennai – 600003) on or before 4th December, 2021.
TNSCA Bank Account Details:
|Name||Tamil Nadu State Chess Association|
|Type of a/c||OD A/C|
|Branch||Park Town Branch|
After the payment, Kindly mail us the payment details along with the application form.
Free lunch and refreshments will be provided for all the candidates on the day of the examination. A few rooms in the college hostel will be available for the participants to refresh themselves on 12th morning.
COVID – 19 – Standard Operating Procedures
All necessary precautions and the Standard Operating Procedures with respect to COVID-19 have to be followed strictly.
Wearing mask is compulsory, hands must be sanitized and social distance has to be maintained.
- Registration for the course would be limited to 50 applicants on first cum first basis.
- Registration without the recommendation of the concerned district chess association will not be entertained.
Date of the Doubt Clearing Session (online): 11/12/2021 (Saturday) (10.00 AM to 01.00 PM)
Date of the Examination: 12/12/2021 (Sunday)
Venue : VET Institute of Arts & Science, Thindal, Perundurai Road, Erode, 638 012
Click here to download for Application form
- Prof. R. Anantharam IA, Coordinator – 94431 55852
- Exam related details: Mr. M. Ephrame IA FI- 99940 29796
- Venue details: Dr. Ramesh – Erode DCC Secretary & Organiser – 94433 64966& 93466 07172
- Payment & other details: Mr. Muralidharan N, mobile: 9790915171, TNSCA – 044 – 2538 4477 & 2536 6464