AICF Felicitates Medal Winners
The All India Chess Federation felicitated the 11 medal winners in the last World Youth and Cdates Chess Championship at Halkidiki in Greece.
With five Gold, three Silver and three Bronze medals, the country was the best performing team of the world for the fourth year in a row and winning five gold medals was indeed a special achievement given the fact that no other country could win more than one Gold medal.
At the central-council meeting held earlier in the day, the AICF amended a proposed change in the existing awards for the medal winners and it was unanimously passed. As a result, a total of Rs. 600000/- (Rupees Six Lakhs) were distributed to the young achievers for their remarkable performance.
The five Gold medal winners were awarded with a cash award of Rs. 75000/- each while the Silver and Bronze medal winners went home richer by Rs. 45000/- and Rs. 30000/- respectively.
The medal winners are:
1. Bharath Subramaniyam – Under 8 Open Gold
2. R.Praggnanandhaa – Under 10 Open Gold
3. Rakshitta Ravi – Under 10 Girls Gold
4. R.Vaishali -Under 14 Girls Gold
5. M.Mahalakshmi Under-18 Girls Gold
6. Dev Shah – Under-8 Open Silver
7. Nihal Sarin – Under-12 Open Silver
8. V.Varshini – Under-18 Girls Silver
9. Divya Deshmukh – Under-10 Girls Bronze
10. Saina Salonika – Under-12 Girls Bronze
11. Vantika Agrawal – Under-14 Girls Bronze
for more details http://aicf.in/blog/2015/12/14/aicf-felicitates-medal-winners/